PDA

View Full Version : Flux video

elbutchos1
01-05-2009, 08:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nv0qYMfDw

I don't know what batteries he got in there.

lilredmachine
01-05-2009, 09:03 AM
He mentioned he was running 4s lipo on RCU. Hence the reason when he nails it, it doesn't do a complete backflip.

More importantly, it looks like it handles shit hot on a track. Could be a Revo killer with some mods.

elbutchos1
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
If that is 4S then on 6S that thing MUST be a MONSTER.
I'm stupefied. :eek::eek::eek:

roadrunner96
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
looks too big for that track:D nice, but the suspension looks too plush - definately needs 8 shocks. nice. I wish the video showed the full runtime on those batt packs.:cool:

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT THING LAND ON A REVO!!!!!!!!!!

elbutchos1
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Now here's my question.
Witch the better diff's ? The E-revo sealed ones .... or the sturdy Savage ones.
I've seen a movie on youtube with some monster 6S setup on a E-revo.
Aftermath was a crunched diff.

BitHed
01-06-2009, 02:42 PM
...what that video tells ME (personally) is that...

A: The HPI wheelie bar is about as useful as tits on a bull...

B: The stock roll center needs to be lowered and the steering needs some work...(RB geometry :))

C: It needs to be extended ad lowered...(GCM :))

...I already counted on B and C, (HPI traits) but A is a surprise...I still back up my plan of making it ANTI-wheelie right from the get-go...Was good to see it finally out in the open like that though...

BitHed
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
...and here is the attached article written by RC Squid and the guys who made the video...Notbad...Pretty much what we know but good to get a handle on it right from the start...

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rc-reviews/hpi-savage-flux-hp-review-rc-monster-truck/

...Thanks to HPI for providing the link...

lilredmachine
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
First thing to do will be to turn that wheely bar upside down, so it hangs about 1/2 an inch off the deck. That'll combat the wheelies a bit.

Needs a length injection though, definitely.

roadrunner96
01-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree about the wheelbase, it needs to be a good 1.5 inches longer (atleast). That should take care of some of the wheelies.

E-Savy_UK
01-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Odds on that Generis will be on the case once he has got hold of a flux. I have to say that it does look sweet on the track, just need to tame the wheelies a bit and it will be a true track eating basher!

braunyrez
01-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Man, that is cool. I cant wait, I got mine ordered.

BitHed
01-07-2009, 03:41 AM
First thing to do will be to turn that wheely bar upside down, so it hangs about 1/2 an inch off the deck...

...i had the wheelie bar upside down on my esav at one stage...Pictures are in my gallery somewhere...It worked well and didnt get caught up much at all...I just have to remember how i mounted it...I reckon thats the go...

...rest assured that GCM will be releasing a longer chassis for it...AND with RoadBoy angles it should handle like a dream...Im all tingly :o

Aero007
01-07-2009, 04:22 AM
the pictures are bad quality, i'd like to see a video of it on loose graval, and see it turn at high speed. eventually at that track's curves he has limited space, it doesnt looks near 100kph.

would it do backflips on graval too? is it carpet on that track ? there is not even a dust corn inthere