PDA

View Full Version : Washing my baby in the bath =)

D505
03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
If I remove ESC and Radio (Servo is waterproofed) from Flux, how dangerous to the motor will be washing truck in the bath with shower? Or better will be to remove the motor too?

Knez
03-30-2009, 02:22 PM
U better remove all electronics before doing something like that...

And if u shower it, than i suppose u need to oil all the bearings....

I would never shower the truck....:D

strada916
03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I do not recommend submersing, bathing you rc under any conditions. whether you remove the electrics or not. A bowl/bucket and an old paint brush is your best opption

roadrunner96
03-30-2009, 08:42 PM
the brushless motor is the MOST vulnerable part when it comes to water - thats why still to this day brushless systems are not waterproof.

roadrunner96
03-30-2009, 09:21 PM
If you must, use head and shoulders to prevent dandruff, or strawberry Suave for that fresh smell................:p

D505
03-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Ok, Ok, I see =)

littlegiant
03-31-2009, 08:43 AM
I hose my e-savage with water to wash it but I wouldn't recommend submerging it unless u remove all the electronics. But metal + water = rust. So oil everything after the bath.

D505
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Btw, I saw video on utube where summit moved under watter for some minutes. So I thought it will not be very dangerous for bearings to wash it with head and shoulders.

littlegiant
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
the brushless motor is the MOST vulnerable part when it comes to water - thats why still to this day brushless systems are not waterproof.

Non sensored brushless motor will run when it is wet or even submerged in water. I can assure you that. The only thing to guard against is moisture damage. But do avoid water with sensored motors. I can't be sure if water will interrupt their operation. Water will however interfere with the normal operation of the brushless esc. Electrical signals used by the mcu of an esc is so minute that it takes just moisture to cause short circuits within the signal processing portion of the PCB. These so call short circuits result in very low current that interferes with the normal operation of the esc. And there is a high possibility that a simple short circuit by moisture can lead to burnt power fets because the mcu is getting all the wrong signals. In any case when the esc gets wet, dry it out throroughly with a hair blower before applying power to it.