PDA

View Full Version : Wheel nut's - How do you take them off?

Bartek
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I have tried to take off my wheels but I can't unscrew those wheel nuts as they have no grip,I have tried two different wrench key and one was new and they both didn't even move the wheel nut!

generis
04-21-2009, 05:10 PM
there is a wheel wrench in the box that the whole thing comes in. Mine come off and on no problem, but they are a locking style and require some effort

Aero007
04-21-2009, 05:17 PM
maybe try having them keyed right, and slightly hammer the wrench onto nut, maybe check the wrench is able to take the axle(6mm threaded part) inside?

Bartek
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
they are 8mm so 6mm won't fit...
I have tried very hard and even my key has broke,now it doesn't do anything.

Aero007
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
they are 8mm so 6mm won't fit...
I have tried very hard and even my key has broke,now it doesn't do anything.

IC.. do you have a pic ?

EDIT: didnt see it was a savage flux ;)

u sure the nut is clockwise ? ok dump question maybe ;)

D505
04-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Bartek, may be you have a silver locknuts? :eek:
Anyway, allen key with enough lever should help.

Slave-One
04-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Stock wrench is fine for me. No problem but as Generis said it needs some effort (but not too much).

Bartek
04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Stock wrench is fine for me. No problem but as Generis said it needs some effort (but not too much).

how? is 6mm ? wheel nuts are 8mm, that's 2mm difference :confused:
may try it,who knows,are there any other wheel nuts that I could use?

Joey
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Try this... Use a decent sized needle nose pliers and hold the nut with it as tight as you possibly can (from pretty much straight on, pointing at the nut) with your strong hand. Then turn the tire clockwise to loosen the nut. Its always worked for me, assuming you can hold the nut still.

fastbaja5b
04-22-2009, 01:37 AM
On the flux I found that if you use cheap tools it's fairly easy to round the edges on the wheel nut and make it hard to get off. What I did is this:

Get a dremel and grind the nylock part off, this should only leave the flanged part on the wheel, be careful and try not to damage the axle thread.

Smeer RED loctite on the surface of the flange.

Get a standard 8mm Nut and tighten it down on the exposed thread onto the flange which is still holding the wheel in place. Use an 8mm ring spanner to tighten it more if possible.

Leave it overnight.

The next morning the Loctite should have cured, and by removing the 8mm lock nut from the day before, it should take the flange off with it.

generis
04-22-2009, 02:48 AM
your flux box comes with an 8mm wrench and a 6.
cheap tools do kill wheel nuts.

Bartek
04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
your flux box comes with an 8mm wrench and a 6.
cheap tools do kill wheel nuts.

in manual it says that needed and not included tools are:
8mm and 10mm wrench key....

is box there is 7mm 5.5mm 4mm only.