PDA

View Full Version : Savage Flux user manual Auto lipo procedure is WRONG!

Freezebyte
05-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Ok, I think this is worth posting this to prevent other future Flux owners the headache and fustration I've experienced with my new Flux, not to mention the costly loss of Lipo's due to the voltage cutoff not being set no thanks to HPI's unclear instructions in manual that comes with the Flux. What it states forthe procedure to do the Auto Lipo setting DOES NOT WORK.

I did its walkthrough step by step on page 30 and I continued to get a BLINKING Yellow LED NOT a CONSTANT yellow LED as HPI's instructions indicate.

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/100646/100646.pdf

Instead, this procedure leads to you the Castle Creations manual programming mode of the ESC found on the Savage Flux. I finally managed to verify this from my LHS who walked through the steps as well and verified that indeed, the walkthrough in HPI's manual is not correct. The procedure to enter programming mode is clearly defined on page 20 of Castle's PDF.

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/drivers_ed_guide.pdf

From what i've found, you've got to go through the entire programming procedure via Caste Creations instructions before you can even get to the auto Lipo cutoff point. Someone seriously needs to bang some heads together at HPI before people who THINK their auto lipo settings are on, will sadly find themselves destroying high cost Lipo's as a result of HPI's failure to document procedures correctly.

Bartek
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
the manual sucks and it's not detailed enough, they could do some update online or something like that.

frddyj
08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
great info freeze, thanks

88gtanotchback
08-25-2009, 04:31 AM
wow very happy i found this. thanks freeze. I was going to set it as per HPI instructions tomorrow. HPI does need to smarten up because not only would my lipo's be toast id have to wait another 2-3 weeks for them to ship from hong kong. thanks for the heads up!

rawfuls
08-25-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm pretty happy you're actually doing some research 88gta, some guys just buy a truck, and don't even read about, and then they blame someone else.

Glad to see you're actually excited!

88gtanotchback
08-25-2009, 04:43 AM
lol ive been on the computer every free minute checking in. this whole lipo and BL thing is new to me, (love my nitro tho) and i want to make sure i got a grasp on it before i dive in and start charging batteries. Had i not i would of missed this. theres TONS of great info on these forums so hopefully you guys dont mind me diggin up a few old ones.

frddyj
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty happy you're actually doing some research 88gta, some guys just buy a truck, and don't even read about, and then they blame someone else.

Glad to see you're actually excited!

lol, a bud of mine did this with a flux and almost blew it (& us) to smithereens.:eek:

t9dragon
09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a good reason to spend the extra $20 on the Castle Link and program it from the computer instead of watching the blinking lights..