PDA

View Full Version : New to the Hobby..

Extol
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, This is my first post so hope everyone is having a good day and all.

So the guys at work all been playing around with Rc trucks and well after seeing them play and fix/work on them on lunch break i am now wanting a Rc truck. They have a track setup at few of the guys house's. They all are on gas power trucks. I know 2 are revo's and a jato. I think some of the guys that come over also have a Savage 4.6. So now I really want to get into this hobby and I am thinking about a FLUX.

So guys is the Flux a good starter trunk to get? I know with 4s or 6s it's crazy powerful. As a start should i go with a 3s lipo?

The local hobby store has it for 629.99 (http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16609&cat=103&page=1) is that a ok price? really dont wanna order it online.

also for a charger they have (http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16243&cat=0&page=1) and (http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16241&cat=0&page=1) what one will be better?

well as far as lipos they don't have much to pick from well at less not online maybe more at the store. One close by in mytle beach sc (http://www.edshobby.com/) i think i go there for the lipos seem they have a lot to pick from. if anyone can help me out with this stuff many thanks

hope to have my flux this week!!!!

rawfuls
05-11-2009, 01:12 AM
They're not bad prices, but not the best.

The Flux price is fine.
I would get the ICE just because they work well, and I've heard nothing but good reviews, the Onyx is the same.

Your choice.
Let us know which battery brands there are.

If you need some good brands go after:
SMC
TrueRC
Neu
Hyperion

And avoid MaxAmps!

Extol
05-11-2009, 01:28 AM
the 3 they have online are
http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16433&cat=378&page=1
http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16414&cat=378&page=1
http://coastalhobby.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16433&cat=378&page=1

Knez
05-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Extol some of ur links show 1800 mah Lipo battery and 20C..i dont have Flux but isnt that little for a Flux..u need More mAh on lipos...

Extol
05-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Extol some of ur links show 1800 mah Lipo battery and 20C..i dont have Flux but isnt that little for a Flux..u need More mAh on lipos...

from my understanding they are..but that's all they have online :\ guess i will order some online or go to edy's hobby shop and see what they have :)

generis
05-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the madness here: good people and some really good tech here.. enjoy it.
Flux price is good. Hit that up.
The first charger will do barely. You really really really want a balancing-charger, which this is not.. also seriously consider a DUAL output OR a lipo balancing charger that will do up to 6 cells, in order to give you the 'charge them all at once' capability... nothing sucks more than waiting for TWO charge cycles, when for another bunch of bucks you could have done it in one shot.....
The 3s battery links are a dud. Run far away.
The 2s link is an ok battery for flux, BUT it's on the low end of power delivery in my opinion. I like to see at least a (example) 5000 7.4 with 25 or 30 C rating.. (you need 2 of those..). Something like what Bithed bought: 4900 rhino and 25 (maybe 30) C rating.. good bat right there..
I know you don't want to have to buy on line, so ask around, and maybe have a local shop bring in a good charger and batts for you...
Advise: do it right on the bats at the start.... the flux draws some major power, and a half-donkey battery will not last in there.. and there went your cash...
Good choice in truck for sure;)

Extol
05-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Welcome to the madness here: good people and some really good tech here.. enjoy it.
Flux price is good. Hit that up.
The first charger will do barely. You really really really want a balancing-charger, which this is not.. also seriously consider a DUAL output OR a lipo balancing charger that will do up to 6 cells, in order to give you the 'charge them all at once' capability... nothing sucks more than waiting for TWO charge cycles, when for another bunch of bucks you could have done it in one shot.....
The 3s battery links are a dud. Run far away.
The 2s link is an ok battery for flux, BUT it's on the low end of power delivery in my opinion. I like to see at least a (example) 5000 7.4 with 25 or 30 C rating.. (you need 2 of those..). Something like what Bithed bought: 4900 rhino and 25 (maybe 30) C rating.. good bat right there..
I know you don't want to have to buy on line, so ask around, and maybe have a local shop bring in a good charger and batts for you...
Advise: do it right on the bats at the start.... the flux draws some major power, and a half-donkey battery will not last in there.. and there went your cash...
Good choice in truck for sure;)

Thanks for the info.

any brands of balancing charger i should be looking for? seems like getting power to the truck going to be the hard part lol

generis
05-11-2009, 03:01 AM
snoop on the charger section.. lots of recommendations and discussions there with links etc.. I'm using a hyperion duo, and a mrc 10 amp power supply. Works totally perfect for the dual batts and up to 6s PER side, full balancing also. There are a bunch of other good ones listed on the other side...

Extol
05-11-2009, 03:04 AM
cool will check that out :)

rawfuls
05-11-2009, 03:15 AM
E gah, forgot about the balancing.

Try going for a Triton 2 EQ.

Or maybe a BC6, which I have.

Out of those 3, I would only get the Losi.

You will need at LEAST 5000mAh.

But if you want, take a look at the Zippy's and Flightmax's on HobbyCity.com

Here's what's on my wishlist.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8578&Product_Name=ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_2S1P_20C_
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8357
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7653

Keep in mind, if it's hard case, it's usually more safer, as it would be harder to damage.

holdenhz
05-11-2009, 03:33 AM
snoop on the charger section.. lots of recommendations and discussions there with links etc.. I'm using a hyperion duo, and a mrc 10 amp power supply. Works totally perfect for the dual batts and up to 6s PER side, full balancing also. There are a bunch of other good ones listed on the other side...

I too use the Hyperion duo2,hooked into a 24a mains supply.
Brilliant charger does everything i need:cool:

Freezebyte
05-11-2009, 04:35 AM
I was pulling my hair out deciding for a charger for my new Savage Flux and I finally decided on the Triton2 EQ. Does everything I want including built in AC convertor, I didn't wanna buy a seperate PSU. I would seriously not start out with 6S on the Flux, thats just to much, to fast.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/Phantron/SavageFlux/emptybats.jpg

rawfuls
05-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Speaking of which, Freezebyte, what's the max Amps (mAh) that Triton2EQ can put out?

About 5000?

generis
05-11-2009, 05:13 AM
8 amps on that one. sticker on front

Extol
05-11-2009, 05:37 AM
nah wouldn't do s6..i know the flux can handle it but yeah way to much power and really i kind wanna enjoy and understand the truck before i take it to max so to speak..

i am thinking about s3 for starting out..maybe s4 later on :)

elbutchos1
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Extol.
Take a look on hobbycity.com as rawfuls said.
Look up the Turnigy Accucell 6 charger - cheap stuff and works GREAT.
I have it and I'm quite pleased with it ( fan is a bit noisy - need to grease it up ). Only bad thing is discharge capability of only 1A.
I also got 2 of them hardcased Zippy lipo's ( one came with the deans connector soldered + to - and vice versa .... good thing the charger said "inverse polarity" or something like that ).

I can't wait - my flux left the states this saturday. goody goody :D

rawfuls
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Extol, the s is after the number for cells
:p

I got that wrong when I first started too!

Elbutchos1, can you link me for the hardcased Zippy's?

Or were they the 4000mAh Zippy Flightmax red ones?

generis
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
don't use 3s on a flux. 4 min.

Extol
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
yeah sorry if i got any of the terms wrong..lol..I am a tech head and well going into rc hobby and learning a lot of new terms is not all that much fun.

so i should start out with 4s? if so that makes it alittle easyer..

Freezebyte
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
4S which is two 2S batteries in series.

Extol
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Freeze the packs you have how good do they run the flux and whats your run times like?

elbutchos1
05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Extol, the s is after the number for cells

I got that wrong when I first started too!

Elbutchos1, can you link me for the hardcased Zippy's?

Or were they the 4000mAh Zippy Flightmax red ones?

Yeah it's the red ones.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8357
As my status still is Lipo Noob i prefer hardcased. Yesterday my e-sav had first contact with lipo. I must say ... i'm deeply impressed. It surpasses by far even 7 cell packs in terms of acceleration.

I see the 5000 non hard case have 20C / 30C burst .... that would be 150A .... hmmmm.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8578

Freezebyte
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Freeze the packs you have how good do they run the flux and whats your run times like?

I've stated this in the below thread

http://e-savage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4685&page=3

Extol
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM
OK dumb question. just wanna make sure i have this right..the savage flux looks like the batteries hook up will be series starting out?

generis
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
correct. easiest way is 2 packs that are 2s lipo each.

Extol
05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks..starting to understand all of this :)..i really can not wait to break something i can have a good reason to upgrade :)...i been thinking of places to bash and o my i got great place..once i get my truck and everything rdy i be sure to take pics :)

rawfuls
05-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Did you pick it up yet?

Extol
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
no not yet. Going to take off some time on friday from work to go pick up the truck and talk to the guys at the hobby shop about charger and batt packs :). The wait going to kill me lol

Freezebyte
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
no not yet. Going to take off some time on friday from work to go pick up the truck and talk to the guys at the hobby shop about charger and batt packs :). The wait going to kill me lol

Lol I took a sick day off of work last Thurs so I could play with my truck finally, especially after the battery screw up got fixed

Extol
05-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Lol I took a sick day off of work last Thurs so I could play with my truck finally, especially after the battery screw up got fixed

Man i am starting to feel sick............:P

Extol
05-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I went to my local hobby shop..Talk to the owner for a while..very nice guy and help me understand a lot of about the truck and hobby.. well he is selling me a flux for 580.00+ tax. He did not have one at the store but he order it today.

He also starting a deal with zippy. He getting some of there stuff in for testing and so on. He going to go ahead and order me some Zippys for my flux and he going to sell them at what he has to pay for them..

charger meh still working on that..anyway guys good day but still truckless :)

strada916
05-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think Zippy are all that greater battery, I might be wrong cos I have not tested them my self. FlytPower or Hyperion are good batteries.

For the Flux 2 x 2S 5000mAh 30C batteries are a minimum. As you may have read. Make sure the batteries are no less than what I have mentioned. Otherwise have a Fire Extinguisher handy. LOL Also make sure you have the correct pinion on the motor see HPI manual.

Anyways good luck and welcome to the forum

Extol
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8588&Product_Name=ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_4S1P_30C_ 2 of them..going to have to change to deans and change wiring around but that owner of the hobby shop going to help me get it setup right..can't wait lol

Bartek
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't think Zippy are all that greater battery, I might be wrong cos I have not tested them my self. FlytPower or Hyperion are good batteries.

For the Flux 2 x 2S 5000mAh 30C batteries are a minimum. As you may have read. Make sure the batteries are no less than what I have mentioned. Otherwise have a Fire Extinguisher handy. LOL Also make sure you have the correct pinion on the motor see HPI manual.

Anyways good luck and welcome to the forum

I won't agree with you on this one...
I have been using my Savage Flux with 8 cell NiMh and as every one knows but not me when I was buying them, NiMh can only produce a maximum of 60A which isn't much but it worked perfectly fine with out any problems and motor & ESC were running nicely and not hot at all, some off road and on road action and everything was okay, too bad that one of cells in those batteries have leaked due to over charge as the guy in shop told me, I charged them with 5A which was 'too much' for NiMh's there for it was good chance to switch to LiPo's :D

I had 300 laying around in my pocket so I make some use of it :rolleyes:
went to few online shops and make few purchases which are:

Core RC LiPo Safe Charge Pouch - 23 X 30cm
LiPo Pouch for safety while Charging and carrying batteries.

Flanged Lock Nut M5x8mm Black (4pcs) for Savage X Wheels
For spares when old ones wear or unscrew and get lost and to replace my current ones.

Ultimate Socket Driver 8.0mm
That Bad Boy is for unscrewing those annoying nuts, it costed me 18 but it's top class tool :eek:

Super High Strength Super Glue - Instacure Plastic And Rubber Bonder - 1/2 Oz
To glue wheels after they ballooned like crazy.

Pinion Gear 18 Tooth
To have more torque and better Off Road action.

K Factory Lightweight Supler Flexible Antenna Rod Mount Set (2) - Black
For Blinq and too replace stock.

Body Clip Rubber Grips - Green - Pack Of 6
So I can pull the Body clips easier.

and it's time for main reason for this post:
Venom Pro LiPo Charger With Power Supply
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN%2D0657

and of course I need something to charge with this charger:
Venom X pack 5000mAh 20c LiPo
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN%2D1555T

hope that al the items will arrive before wensday so I can some fun and some use out of my Savage Flux.

why did I buy only 20c LiPo's ?
well, as I said before I runned it on NiMh which only produce about 60A if not less and everything was okay till I over charged them, so why shouldn't I try 20c LiPo's which produce 100A in total and not mentioning that those LiPo's where only 50 each and they are made by Venom :eek:

I couldn't pass out this deal, if they work out I will buy even more of them.

generis
05-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Bartek, because a lipo WILL give more than the rated safe amount (100A) and then puff... bye lipo. The nickel bats WONT give more than 60.
I used 6600 15c lipos on my flux ( 99 amps) and they were NOT happy looking after 4 runs of not hard use.. I'm still using them occasionally under a 70% throttle limit (tx setting) to keep them from over drawing.
The 5000 35c on the other hand can take just about anything

Bartek
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean but other LiPo's would cost me 100 for each, if those LiPo's work out then I will be very happy, not sure if this will help any how but I'm gearing down my pinion to 18t so there is less load, I hope that everything will work out, anyway...
I would like to get those 3s 5300mAh 25c Dynamites which give out amazing 132A which is just perfect for Savage Flux but only one mines is that they are 120 each :(
I can't afford that much and as long as I will be able to run my Savage Flux, I will be happy.

Extol
05-17-2009, 09:39 PM
i am looking at 25c to 30c packs...i am not wasting money am i?

Freezebyte
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
i am looking at 25c to 30c packs...i am not wasting money am i?

If its Maxamps or zippy, you could do much better.

Extol
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
If its Maxamps or zippy, you could do much better.

no no no maxamps to much money heard way to many bad things about them..

zippy i heard a lot of good things about :\

Freezebyte
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
no no no maxamps to much money heard way to many bad things about them..

zippy i heard a lot of good things about :\

I've heard hit and miss about them

Extol
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I've heard hit and miss about them

well could not that be said with about anything you buy?

generis
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Looky here folks... don't have to go far or spend a bunch to get a good lipo.
http://rclipos.com/Elite.htm
7.4 5000 35c is 99$ and its a GOOD battery.

RedLine
05-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Just to add to Generis...

Check out the PQ-5000XQ-2S on the same site for $91.87 USD. They boast 150A continuous and 300A burst, but best of all, they are the renowned Enerland cells. Free world-wide shipping, too. They are under PolyRC 30C/60C Li-Poly Professional "XQ" series. I am using one of these with their 3S LiPo (next line down on the same page) for my 5S set-up. I ordered them on a Sunday night and they arrived at my doorstep the same week. No expedited shipping or extra fees...shipping was free as advertised.

I have not tested anywhere near as many LiPos as Generis or others on here, but in my limited experience, these are fantastic! HUGE difference in torque and performance over my previous 5S LiPos. All of the caveats about my ignorance aside, these seem like a good choice to consider as well. My only gripe is the BEEFY 8G wire...freakin' unruly wires. It took a little extra time and care soldering them, but they are fine now. Otherwise, I am a happy camper. :D

rawfuls
05-18-2009, 02:00 AM
I have heard very bad things about MaxAmps, how they overlabel their products, some have even taken charts off their graphs and proven this.

People have asked MaxAmps for battery charts on new batteries, but they reply back with:

"We will not provide one, because we don't want our competitors to see how good ours is."

Now, if this is true, then why do they make batteries, period? Couldn't people buy the batteries, and upload the charts themselves?

Rant over, I would go with Zippy's, in fact, when my next payment comes in, it's going to HobbyCity for a few Zippy Flightmax's.

Extol
05-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I have heard very bad things about MaxAmps, how they overlabel their products, some have even taken charts off their graphs and proven this.

People have asked MaxAmps for battery charts on new batteries, but they reply back with:

"We will not provide one, because we don't want our competitors to see how good ours is."

Now, if this is true, then why do they make batteries, period? Couldn't people buy the batteries, and upload the charts themselves?

Rant over, I would go with Zippy's, in fact, when my next payment comes in, it's going to HobbyCity for a few Zippy Flightmax's.

I work as a Co tech at a Local Telecom where i work. We deal with High end Vendors for fiber networks. I would have to call BS on Maxamp for not showing you a chart to prove there claims. Very odd, If we ask Calix for a chart of how good there ONT(Fiber to the home) are they give it to us no questions ask...Staying far away from maxamps

generis
05-18-2009, 02:26 AM
castle creations (flux esc maker) doesnt like them either.

rawfuls
05-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Don't believe me?
Here you go:
http://nitrokillers.com/showthread.php?t=2099
http://nitrokillers.com/showpost.php?p=11913&postcount=2

Just so you know, I don't support, visit, nor use nitrokillers.com AT ALL. I just saw this on RC-Monster quite awhile ago, and thought it was funny.

What I find weird, is that they posted charts for OTHER batteries, just not for a specific one.. Hmmm

Bartek
05-18-2009, 04:55 AM
this is because Max Amps don't make the batteries them selves but instead they buy cheap cells from Asia, put them together in USA and over stick them with sticker saying 'Max Amps' and on the end say that they were made in USA!

they don't want to show a graph of this battery yet cause they don't want other people to mach this LiPo cell with other 'cheap knockoffs'

just my 0.02

Freezebyte
05-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Cliffnotes version: DON"T BUY MAXCRAPS!

rawfuls
05-18-2009, 05:06 AM
My point proven.

Extol
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
maybe i should rename the thread..Maxamps sucks...:P...truck will be in at the shop by the middle of the week !!!!!!!!!!!!! can not wait..

generis
05-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Let's get back to cheering Extol on his new truck, new hobby and new empty wallet, shall we? ;)

Extol
05-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Just got a call from the hobby shop. They got in a few thunderpower (i think what he said, he did show me the lipo's in his own flux) the stats are 40c 2s 5000mah for 120$ for each pack

rawfuls
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Those are awesome packs...
Heard nothing but good about them..

I'd snatch em if I had the cash.

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/TP-5000-2SPRD/RC-PARTS-THUNDER-POWER-LIPO-RC-CARS-RACE-SERIES.html
Those?

Extol
05-19-2009, 12:09 AM
yeah that's them..he got them on hold for me :)

rawfuls
05-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Are they hardcased?

Extol
05-19-2009, 01:26 AM
yep hardcase

rawfuls
05-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Sounds good, did you get a charger yet? Or did I miss that..

Extol
05-19-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah not sure what type but it's post to be good. kind of trusting the word of the owner of the shop i think its the onxy 230 or something like that..link was on the first page and got a blancer to go with it :)

Freezebyte
05-19-2009, 05:18 AM
yeah not sure what type but it's post to be good. kind of trusting the word of the owner of the shop i think its the onxy 230 or something like that..link was on the first page and got a blancer to go with it :)

It saves you alot of hassle if you get a charger with a balancer built in. This would be a good choice if your on a budget

http://www.electrifly.com/chargers/gpmm3155.html

rawfuls
05-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Onyx 230?
If so, that's a reliable good charger...
Yes, that's true to, a built in balancer is the way to go imo.

Extol
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Onyx 230?
If so, that's a reliable good charger...
Yes, that's true to, a built in balancer is the way to go imo.

Yeah i really wanted one with a built in balancer but the 2 packs charger and balancer for 300 is not to bad. the packs alone are 125 on most webpages so thats 250. so 50 bucks for charger and balancer (easyfly i think is the one his seting me up with). 600 for the truck 300 for packs and charger so 900 for everything really isn't to bad i think..and seeing how the packs are post to be really good think i just go with the deal right now and maybe pick up a more highend charger later on. Everything will be in on middle of the week going on thursday or friday to pick and pay everything off. Also found a HPI racing travel bag made for trucks on craiglist for 20bucks so grabing that also :)

I make sure to post some pics up and i think i might do a unboxing video on youtube :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExtolReviews
its Iphone/itouch game reviews but heck savage flux is so nice it might make a unboxing :)

Extol
05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Everything has came in. going to pick it up after work. :) i can't wait will post pic's when i have the time or video on my youtube channel :)

rawfuls
05-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh man, you're gonna make me jealous, I think I am already!

Good luck!

Waiting for the pictures and videos, I'm already subscribed to your youtube ;)

Extol
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh man, you're gonna make me jealous, I think I am already!

Good luck!

Waiting for the pictures and videos, I'm already subscribed to your youtube ;)

Extolreviews? If so make sure to leave a comment on the giveaway if you have a iphone or itouch :)

Aero007
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
apple cellphone game reviews ? cool.. does that phone have a gps and working gps software ? just wondering if you did a review of that. my wife has a nokia with gps, while i gotta use a holux kodak-looking antenna with my nokia.

the hpi bag, if its the huge bag (HPI92550) with wheels, then 20usd is sure a great deal, it cost 160usd here. do you have a pic of the bag ? i think its so big it even fits a hpi baja..or with luck 2 x stock e-savages

Extol
05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
http://wilmington.craigslist.org/tag/1167779102.html
thats the bag

the iphone 3g does have GPS and use google maps for the maps..no true turn by turn on it. with the 3.0 software coming out apple has said you can have turn by turn 3d maps but the company has to bring there own software. So any GPS company can make a map app for the iphone useing the gps in the phone and there own maps :) so can't really review that just yet. But the google maps does support streetview thats the coolest thing ever :) only thing google maps really missing is the voice turn by turn and 3d maps :\

BitHed
05-22-2009, 02:33 AM
...counting down to trigger launch :D Coolies...Keep us posted Extol...

rawfuls
05-22-2009, 04:08 AM
I thought it's after work!?
WHERE'S THE PROMISED PICTURES AND VIDEOS?

Just kidding ;)

So where are they?

Yep, I don't have a touch or iPhone though..

If you can get that bag for $20, I'd grab it in a blink of an eye, they retail for over $100, and can fit a XL, which is equivalent to about a Flux, but a bit larger (the XL I think...)

Extol
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL sorry got way to busy last night to get around to doing and videos even for some reviews i need to get done..but i did get my flux got batt's charge up and did alittle test run last night..and play around with the castle link..

Today when i get home will be my first real run :). just hope i dont break anything lol..

Did have a problem with one of my thunderpower. One of the wires on the blancer plug came out. It was to Short. But i fix that and got it to charge up.

I do have a question maybe someone can help me..Last night when i did a short test run. 2 things. One the ESC fan was all was on even when programing it. 2 It seem to be glitching alittle when in idle state. any tips or anything to make sure everything is right? The ESC setup right. Also i check to make sure everything was tight. does anything not need to be really tight?

Thanks guys

Extol
05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
ok i posted a video just showing the truck...well i am heading out to go run it some more lol

JOCKTHEGLIDE
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
what packs did you get I read the thread and still dont understand what packs you got extol??? thx

generis
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Jock, (FYI). I split the thread because this one is about EXTOL'S FLUX, not everyones batteries

Extol
05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I got 2 thunderpowers 40c 2s 5000mah...they own :)

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/TP-5000-2SPRD/RC-PARTS-THUNDER-POWER-LIPO-RC-CARS-RACE-SERIES.html